Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works! Doesn’t it seem odd that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution? Virtually all industries are pushing the limits on how to do things faster, better, and more efficiently. Yet, for the most part, people feel stuck on a 4+ year (and usually quite expensive) path that often results in an unfulfilling career path. We empower students to create a new path – one that leads to meaningful careers in software development, product design or data analytics in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education. Our higher purpose is to transform the education space to be unapologetically outcomes-driven. Whether students are looking to change careers, get a promotion, skip University, or start their own company, we work tirelessly every day to make sure this path is as quick, immersive, and accessible as possible. Hearing these success stories is what gets us out of bed each day, excited to come to work 🙂 It’s with this mindset that we’ve become one of the key global players in bridging the digital skills gap, serving both those looking to get into tech, as well as the companies hungry for tech talent.
● Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads ● Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Berlin ● 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!) ● Graduated over 6500 students ● 100+ global team members ● Venture capital backed
#About the Gig
At Ironhack we are looking for a full time Teacher Assistant for our 11-week long Java Web Development Bootcamp, who is not only passionate about Java, but also about sharing their kledge with the next generation of developers. The Teacher Assistant will maintain a close relationship with the students, helping them advance through our intense programs. The perfect TA must be a strong communicator and also very patient, since you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time java developers. IMPORTANT: all the classes will be imparted in German, and the in-company communications will be in English.
- Helping the Java students of the course achieve their goals, overseeing and mentoring their work from 9:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Friday
- Taking part in technical interviews for admissions of candidates in the program
- Help teachers with materials and exercises they have planned
- Brief and pass kledge every week from teacher to teacher
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp
- Providing feedback of the course weekly to the team
#Is this you? (Requirements)
- Understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Strong Java kledge: experience from 6 months to 2 years
- Web Design (HTML / CSS frameworks)
IMPORTANT: all the classes will be imparted in German, and the in-company communications will be in English.Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.Experience managing and keeping a team motivated.
● Competitive salary ● Flexible work environment ● 100% Employer-paid healthcare (for US + LATAM full-time employees) ● Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors ● Learn to code, design, or analyze data: enroll in our part-time courses for free! ● Unlimited sick policy