If you are new to the field of web designing, finding out the best web designing software according to your needs might be a little tricky. Usually, professional web designers have their personal favorite web designing software for various designing tasks. It isn’t easy to find the best web design software as your all in one solution for designing. Depending upon your goal, you might need more than one web design software to achieve the required result. Here is a web designing software list for prototyping, graphic designing, interface designing, and building websites. Read on to find their characteristics and benefits.
Best Software for Website Design
Here are some of the best software clients that you can turn to for your web design needs. These will help you to take care of your design projects with relative ease.
Wondershare Mockitt is an online collaboration and prototyping tool for website designers to make prototypes and wireframes for various interactive apps. Over 15,000 enterprises and 2 million users use this webpage design software to improve their project implementation and productivity by effortlessly co-managing and co-editing projects. Some characteristics of Wondershare Mockitt are –
- Prototyping – The software provides you animated prototypes of interactive design even if you don’t have any coding knowledge. The prototype UI designs of this web page design software can be tested on both PC and phones. You can use the interactive linking feature to drag & drop links for establishing a relationship between various website pages while visualizing the final product.
- Collaboration -Wondershare Mockitt is often called the best web design software for beginners because the tool has many benefits. For instance, it has a single-click sharing option that enables sharing projects with clients. The tool also lets you manage multiple projects by assigning them to different team members.
- Handing over to Developer -The software has a handoff feature, which lets website developers, managers and designers look up specific functions quickly and bring all of them on the same page, thus making the work more efficient.
2. Adobe XD
Adobe XD is one of the best free website design software for beginners. It will let your creative teams and designers design prototype wireframes and present software over the web for mobile. The advantages of Adobe XD are –
- It lets you leverage a component library that can be used as a reference to implement established patterns, common UI elements and more.
- Another reason why Adobe XD is a highly preferred web page design software is its powerful prototyping functionality.
- One does not have to worry about downloading/attaching large files because it directly opens the prototype in your browser.
Webflow is very popular in the web page designing industry with its no-code tools. The open-source web design software translates your design decisions into production-ready codes. It lets almost anyone build a fully functioning website with ease.
- It is a very easy-to-use platform that’s ideal for beginners.
- The software transfers the design preferences into fully responsive HTML codes. This helps designers unfamiliar with coding to come up with a fully-functional web design.
- With Webflow, you don’t have to replicate website design for different devices. You can apply your desktop designs and find phone-compatible designs on the go.
4. Axure RP
Axure RP helps many organizations steam line applications and solution development. The software uses a powerful approach to application development and eliminates the disparity between vocabulary and skill set across teams. The advantages of the software are –
- It enables website designers to develop wireframes that can be put before customers quickly.
- It helps web designers have a leisurely collaboration and create an easily portable file format.
- It also has several support options like training videos, online forums etc.
- It has a comprehensive set of prototyping tools that helps the designer show the stakeholders what the end product would look like.
WordPress has been in the website designing market since 2003 and is perhaps the most popular web designing software for beginners, professionals and businesses alike.
- WordPress has a straightforward user interface. Designers can add new pages, text and images easily. Formatting time is very less for WordPress.
- WordPress is a browser-based software. So you can log in from any internet-connected computer to manage your website. The blogging capabilities of WordPress are very easy to integrate.
- WordPress is ideal for all kinds of SEO. Additionally, each page and post have their own meta tag words that allow proper SEO.
Sketch is the best professional web design software for handling vector-based files. It also comes with lots of different export options. Here’s why you should use Sketch for designing.
- The software is 100% vector-based – meaning that your artwork won’t lose quality at all.
- Sketch allows you to draw your design once and convert it into as many high or low-resolution formats as you need without jagging the edges for ruining the graphics.
- Sketch allows you to use multiple pages for organizing your job the way you want to. It is as simple as just dragging and dropping things they are required to do.
Website designers can benefit a great deal from Figma, which is one of the best clients for optimizing web design. Here are some of the main reasons why Figma is a prevalent web design software in the industry.
- The website allows you to create variance and use them effectively for organizing your library. This makes the software a very effective tool for organization.
- It has a well-organized file structure system that saves your team’s time and makes the work more efficient.
- The website also has style libraries and shared components, and other references to produce consistent design quickly.
The Dreamweaver website has been created for both advanced level and beginner level designers. One can use the platform for both simple and complex designs with just a point and click method. Here’s why Dreamweaver is so good.
- Since it is ideal for beginners/advanced users, Dreamweaver is very simple to use. This is an efficient software that is ideal for web design.
- Dreamweaver will also allow you to create cohesive and consistent webpages and do thorough and well-rounded maintenance on your site.
- The software comes with FTP features, making it easy to upload changes to your website.
GIMP is an open-source web design and image editing software that you can use for all kinds of design tasks. The functionality of GIMP can easily rival that of Adobe Photoshop, making it one of the most powerful design tools. Here is why you should choose this software.
- The image-editing feature set of GIMP is very rich, making it the ideal choice for all kinds of design work.
- It is an open-source software, which means that you will be able to use it 100% free of cost.
- You can work online and integrate with other design tools also.
10. Balsamiq: This is a design and wireframing tool that you can resort to – if you want a product that is quick, efficient and easy to apply. It is a community-driven tool that you can use for all design tasks.
- The community feature of Balsamiq will allow you to draw inspiration and advice from the works of thousands of other users.
- This wireframing tool will also allow you to do version control and track changes made to your website/UI with ease.
- It is a virtual sketchbook that will allow you to create and test mockups with lots of ease.
If you are new to the world of web design or graphic design in general, then these 10 software can be very useful. However, you can find the one-stop and all-in-one solution in Wondershare Mockitt. It is a very useful tool that you can use for all kinds of design tasks – ranging from web design, mockup design and wireframing. It is a very user-friendly platform that is feature rich and easy to adopt. With the help of Wondershare Mockitt, you and your team will be able to churn out beautiful websites and applications in no time.