Job vacancy: Graphic Designer
Remuneration + benefits: £Competitive depending on experience
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays)
- Long service holidays
- Free parking
- Subsidised gym membership
Contract type: Full time: 35 hours per week, usually Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. However, you will be required to work all home matchdays
Location: Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX
Closing date: Tuesday 20th July 2021 @ 9am
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history.
Proud founder members of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882. We moved to our Turf Moor home shortly afterwards, at the invitation of the town’s cricket club, which is still uniquely situated next to the stadium.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Graphic Designer.
The successful applicant will possess a degree level qualification in a relevant subject and will have extensive design experience with a broad portfolio of evidence to include print and online examples.
Reporting to Head of MediaMedia/Head of Marketing, the Graphic Designer will be expected to:
- Produce official club publications, posters and all other design work for web, social media and print.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software, keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
- Understand the importance of marketing and communications.
- Production of matchday programme, in conjunction with assistant graphic designer.
- Maintaining and cataloguing an ever-growing archive of digital photographs.
- Responsibility for consistent club branding, in conjunction with Head of Commercial Affairs.
- Producing website graphics.
- Producing social media graphics for use on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Servicing all other departmental needs for events in terms of posters, leaflets.
- Bespoke design work for departmental needs.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject.
- Extensive design experience with a broad portfolio of evidence to include print and online examples.
- Experience in developing brands.
- Highly skilled in some, or all, of the following software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, CorelDRAW, Rhino, VRay, Bongo, Flamingo, After Effects.
- Broad experience formatting artwork for print across various formats / specifications.
- Displays an innovative approaches to design.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs.
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair.
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
- Shows initiative, has confidence in own ability with a positive attitude towards undertaking any aspect of the job role.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive approach to work.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of Burnley FC.
- Experience in digital and website design, Shopify, SEO and social content (Facebook and Instagram).
- A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work all home match days which will include evenings and weekends.
A downloadable version of the Job Description can be found here.
Please apply by sending your portfolio and CV to [email protected]
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.