Microsoft started rolling out a new Windows 11 update to the insiders in the Dev Channel. The latest build comes as “Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25231.1000 (rs_prerelease)”, and includes a few minor changes and a handful of fixes.
The main highlight of the build is the tablet-optimized taskbar, which is now rolling out to all insiders in the Dev Channel. Continue reading for a detailed list of changes in Windows 11 Build 25231.
- Microsoft releases Windows 11 Build 25231.
- The latest build comes to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- The main highlight of the build is the tablet-optimized taskbar and System Tray improvements, which are now available to all Dev Channel insiders.
- This build also adds the sync feature of the spelling dictionary to all Dev Channel insiders.
- Chinese insiders can now use the cloud suggestion feature of Windows 11.
What’s new and improved in Windows 11 Dev Build 25231
Microsoft said that the
With the release of Windows 11 Dev Preview Build 25197, Microsoft rolled out the
The latest build also includes the
Other improvements and fixes in Windows 11 Build 25231
- When moving your mouse over the sound icon on Quick Settings, the tooltip will now display when spatial audio is in use – not just that it is enabled.
- Removed the backplate from UWP app icons in Apps > Default apps and Apps > Apps for websites.
- Fixed the font used on the Wi-Fi section of Quick Settings when Wi-Fi was off, so that it’s consistent with the other text in Quick Settings
- Fixed an issue believed to be the root cause of certain network cameras unexpectedly not being added when you selected them under Bluetooth & Devices > Cameras.
- Improved DPI-awareness when launching setup.exe from a mounted ISO, so the initial logo while it’s preparing should no longer be blurry in certain cases.
- Fixed a rare issue where FindWindow and FindWindowEx might return an unexpected window.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes you wouldn’t be able to use FIDO to unlock your PC if it was connected to an external display with the laptop lid closed.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes led to crashes in certain apps (like Paint, and Windows Terminal) when attempting to display a tooltip.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11.
is a Microsoft Windows Insider MVP, and Content Creator. He publishes latest tech news, articles, and reviews on
that has 2 million+ monthly views. DM him on
if you want to discuss on any business collaboration opportunities.